APRIL is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Child Abuse Prevention Month April 2021 Events:
- April 2nd Wear Blue Day: Please join us on Friday, April 2 by sharing a picture of you and your colleagues, friends or family wearing blue and what prevention means to you! For example, you can say “We wear blue to raise awareness for Child Abuse Prevention Month. #WearBlue4KidsMONO”. You can send the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org be posted on the Strengthening Families Facebook page or tag us @MonoStrengtheningFamilies
- April 7th Town of Mammoth Lakes Proclamations
- April 12th ACE’s & PACE’s Awareness Event hosted by Mono County Public Health from 12-1:30PM. Zoom link: https://monocounty.zoom.us/j/94415602650 (No registration needed for virtual event).
- April 15th Intro to Trauma Informed Care Training from 9:00-10:30AM via zoom. Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqd-mqrzMvEtE4_uFWipbzDMVjArZ...
- April 20th Board of Supervisors Proclamations
- April 23rd Children’s Memorial Flag Raising Ceremony: This event will take place from 10:30-11:30AM via Facebook Live Stream. Follow us @MonoStrengtheningFamilies. The Children’s Memorial Flag Raising Ceremony is an opportunity for our community to raise awareness for the children that have lost their lives to abuse and neglect throughout the state but also to remind us that it is a community wide effort.
- April 29th Resilience Symposium Hosted by CASA of Eastern Sierra Register: https://casaeasternsierra.org/resilience-symposium
With a response to COVID-19 and abuse please be aware of the risk factors of child abuse and neglect. https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/riskprotecti...
It is a community wide effort to end and prevent child abuse and neglect.
To report suspected child abuse and neglect in Mono County, please call:
1-800-340-5411 or 911 (if an emergency)
Trafficking Hotline 24-Hour Confidential Help Call 1-888-373-7888 or text HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733)
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)