Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC)
About us: The Mono County Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC) was established in November, 2001. The rural and isolated characteristics of Mono County significantly influence the availability of child abuse prevention services and resources. As such, the Mono County CAPC identified four areas of need to allocate child abuse prevention grant funds.
* Promotion of Personal Safety and Interpersonal Respect
* Community Development to Remedy the Isolation of Families
* Parent Education and Support
* Individualized and Flexible Parent Coaching
The Mono County Department of Social Services has contracted with First 5 Mono County, the Mono County Office of Education, and Wild Iris to provide services to meet these objectives.
Mission Statement: Mono County CAPC is dedicated to supporting activities, resources and programs that encourage safe, healthy and resilient families.
- Sal Montanez - Chair: Case Manager II, Mono County Behavioral Health Department
- DonnaLisa Knowles - Vice-Chair: Parent/Community Member, Realtor
- Molly DesBaillets - Executive Director, First 5, Mono County
- Michelle Raust - Program Manager, Mono County Department of Social Services, Child Welfare, Adult Protection and IHSS
- Jazmin Barkley - Juvenile Probation Officer, Mono County Probation Department
- Matthew O'Connor- Director of Wild Iris
- Jacinda Croissant - MCAH Director, Mono County Health Department
- Kelly Conboy - Program Manager, Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action, Inc.
- Susi Bains - Director, SHINE
Please call our 24 hour Hotline to report suspected child or adult abuse at
Links to other CAPC Related Resources:
Strengthening Families https://monocounty.ca.gov/capc/page/strengthening-families-mono-county
Mono Strengthening Families Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Mono-Strengthening-Families-715026581957919/